GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Florida’s offense is potent enough to win championships. Its defense is porous enough to lose every game.
The 10th-ranked Gators found out how little margin for error they have in last week’s 41-38 loss at Texas A&M.
With a defense giving up nearly 500 yards and five touchdowns a game, Florida’s preseason title hopes now look like a pipe dream.
The defense ranks 13th in the Southeastern Conference in yards allowed and 72nd in the country with only 76 Football Bowl Subdivision teams currently playing.
The Gators host defending national champion LSU on Saturday.
- Louisiana performing better than other Southern states when it comes to Covid-19
- Armed robber killed during home invasion, BRPD says
- Senate Republicans introduce amendment to prevent ‘packing’ of Supreme Court
- Baby found burned, abandoned in Connecticut dumpster released from hospital
- DOJ announces national police training center to help reduce excessive force