BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There has been an increase of 51 deaths in the state since Tuesday, Jan. 12.
There are 2,902 new coronavirus cases in the state, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 8,022 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
There are now 317,336 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
There are now 2,029 COVID-19 patients in hospitals.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 124
East Baton Rouge – 620
Livingston – 137
Pointe Coupee – 60
Tangipahoa – 206
West Baton Rouge – 50
West Feliciana – 26
There have been a total of 4,757,084 total tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of January 11, 298,614 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- Father gives daughter life-saving gift as living organ donor
- Baton Rouge Metro Airport sees highest record of passengers since pandemic started
- Vehicle found in canal after fatal traffic crash on North I-110
- President Biden encourages vaccinations as US looks to miss July 4 target
- Top medical adviser says ‘no fans’ safest for Tokyo Olympics