BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Edwin Edwards has been released from Ochsner Medical Center after doctors successfully treated his weeklong bout with double pneumonia.
Edwards wife, Trina Edwards said that the former governor has recovered and going home to quarantine with home health nurses. He will also work with a physical therapist as a part of his recovery.
Edwards spent four terms as the governor of Louisiana.
- Friday Night: Stormy weekend; Cooler next week
- Ponchatoula tops St. Amant, 24-14
- U-High Cubs knock Evangel Christian out of the playoffs
- USS Kidd partners with apparel line showcasing the accomplishments of Black Americans in the U.S. Military
- New rule could allow gas, firing squads for US executions