FORT RUCKER, Ala. (WDHN) — Fort Rucker has identified the soldier that was found dead around Clayhatchee Sunday morning.
The soldier was Chief Warrant Officer 2 David Faris, 35, assigned to the 110th Aviation Brigade. Faris was a native of Orangeburg, South Carolina and had served in the Army since 2005.
“Fort Rucker officials are deeply saddened by the loss of this Soldier,” a release from the post states. “Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.”
Army CID and local police are still investigating what led to Faris’ death.
- Black Friday in Baton Rouge: New expectations for the holiday shopping season
- Photos: Thanksgiving Eve thunderstorm swamps the metro area
- Louisiana governor’s Phase Two decision prompts familiar arguments
- What sets Saints QB’s Drew Brees and Taysom Hill apart?
- More than $16 million in counterfeit drugs and products seized in HSI New Orleans investigation