ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (WFLA) — A freight train derailed in Dupo, Illinois Tuesday causing train cars to engulf in flames and nearby homes to evacuate.
Calls on the derailment came in to the St. Clair Emergency Management around 12:30 p.m., KSDK reported.
The train is a Union Pacific train, but officials don’t yet know what the train was carrying.
There have been no reported injuries, but a several dozen homes in the nearby area were evacuated.
- White House hosts event to share positive police stories as Congress works on reform
- Monday Evening: No break from the heat; Spotty storms possible
- California shuts bars, indoor dining and most gyms, churches
- MoveBR Works On Syncing Traffic Lights
- SEC releases details of Monday’s meeting with Athletics Directors