PARIS (AP) — French President Emmanuel Macron was slapped in the face by a man during a visit to a small town in southeast France.
Macron’s office on Tuesday confirmed a video that is widely circulating online.
The French president can be seen greeting the public waiting for him behind barriers in the town of Tain-l’Hermitage after he visited a high school that is training students to work in hotels and restaurants.
The video shows a man slapping Macron in the face and his bodyguards pushing the man away as the French leader quickly leaves the scene.
French news broadcaster BFM TV said two people have been detained by police.
- Gov. Edwards: States offices will be closed for half-day on Friday, June 18 for Juneteenth
- Pelicans seek stability from future head coach
- JetBlue ‘revisiting’ its policy in response to video of passenger, flight attendant arguing over eye mask
- Sunburn: What helps and HURTS
- WATCH: Body of fallen BRPD corporal escorted from New Orleans to Baton Rouge