COVINGTON, La. (WGNO) – A GoFundMe has been set up to help with the funeral expenses for former Lakeshore High and UL Football standout Al Riles.
Multiple media outlets are reporting that Riles was killed in a shooting over the weekend in the Dallas area.
He was 27 years old.
No further details regarding the incident were immediately available.
His family set up the GoFundMe to help with funeral expenses. To donate, click here.
In 2016, Riles led the Ragin Cajuns in receiving with 60 catches for 729 yards and 2 touchdowns.
During his time at Lakeshore, Riles was a 3-sport athlete, playing football, basketball and track.
His senior season, he was first-team all-district in football with 1,200 yards rushing and 24 touchdowns.
Riles also threw for 987 yards and six scores and had 2 receiving touchdowns, earning district MVP honors.
- WATCH: BRPROUD Midday for March 2nd
- Brewery farmer combats cedar with goats, and they drink the beer, too
- CareSouth providing COVID-19 vaccine in Donaldsonville, appointment needed
- US Supreme Court begins arguments in major voting rights case
- More young people fall for online scams amid pandemic, BBB says