BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Governor Edwards is reporting that the first person has died in Louisiana during Hurricane Laura.
A tree fell on a home and killed a 14-year-old girl from Leesville, according to Governor Edwards.
.@LouisianaGov says he got the report of the first fatality from Hurricane Laura in Louisiana. A 14 year old girl who died when a tree fell on her home. We do expect that there could be more fatalities.— Christina “MASK UP” Stephens (@CEStephens) August 27, 2020
Now that daylight has arrived in Lake Charles, witnesses are showing some of the damage from Hurricane Laura.
- President Trump releases full CBS ’60 Minutes’ interview ahead of air date
- West Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Deputy arrested on suspicion of DWI in Pointe Coupee over the weekend
- Though concerned with growing hospitalizations, Gov. Edwards says Louisiana currently compares ‘relatively well’ to rest of country against COVID-19
- OMV announces Louisiana drivers can now request replacement driver’s licenses online
- Here’s the story behind that viral video of Joe Biden hugging a Parkland shooting victim’s child