BATON ROUGE, La. (WGNO) – Late Wednesday night, Governor Edwards announced the closure of a large section of Interstate 10.
I-10 eastbound is closed at the Texas/Louisiana state line, and I-10 westbound is closed west of the Atchafalaya Basin.
Portions of I-10 are now closed due to the imminent arrival of #HurricaneLaura. I-10 eastbound is closed at the Texas/Louisiana state line, and I-10 westbound is closed west of the Atchafalaya Basin. @La_DOTD #lagov #Laura #lawx— John Bel Edwards (@LouisianaGov) August 27, 2020
The Governor says to detour the closure and avoid undrivable conditions, motorists should use U.S 61, I-55, and I-59, and travel north to connect with I-20.
Before traveling, motorists are encouraged to check www.511la.org or dial 511 from their mobile phone for the latest on roadway conditions and incidents. Out-of-state travelers can access the system by calling 1-888-ROAD-511 (1-888-762-3511).
- Pope endorses civil union law for same-sex couples
- Classic drive-in movies available near you
- You won’t get a second stimulus check before Election Day, so what now?
- Louisiana woman accused of failing to pay for horse
- Wednesday Morning: Warm and muggy weather; No cool down until next week