Edwards mentioned as of right now there are four related deaths to Hurricane Laura in Louisiana. The deaths were reported in Vernon, Jackson, and Acadia parishes.
Although state officials priority is recovery from the storm, contracting COVID-19 is concern.
23 deaths related to COVID-19 were reported in Louisiana on August 27.
At the time of the press conference, over 600,000 people in Louisiana were with no power.
- Woman accused of elderly neglect, abuse
- Family First: Arc of East Ascension
- ‘Vote for Trump or else’: Oklahoma student describes ‘horrifying’ fake Proud Boys email she received
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?
- Saints set to face off against former players & staff vs. Panthers