BATON ROUGE, La. (KLFY) — Gov. John Bel Edwards’ office announced that a member of his staff tested positive for COVID-19 Thursday.
Two additional staff members who were deemed to have close contact with this person are quarantining for 14 days from exposure, per guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and the Louisiana Department of Health.
The person did not have close contact with the governor, according to a press release from his office.
- LSU is reporting over 50 active positive COVID-19 cases
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential debate preparations; FBI announces possible election interference
- Coroner in Louisiana warns of dangerous new drug as strong as fentanyl called ‘purple heroin’
- New Roads Police to hold fundraiser benefiting the family of Azariah Thomas
- Third-degree murder charge against Derek Chauvin dismissed in George Floyd death