BATON ROUGE, La.(WDSU) —The legislation came after a WDSU investigation when 9-year-old Ka’Mauri Harrison was suspended from a Jefferson Parish school after a BB gun was seen in his room during virtual learning.
School districts now have to review and write policies specifically for online learning. The bill was the first piece of legislation addressing virtual learning policies in the state.
- Ponchatoula tops St. Amant, 24-14
- U-High Cubs knock Evangel Christian out of the playoffs
- USS Kidd partners with apparel line showcasing the accomplishments of Black Americans in the U.S. Military
- New rule could allow gas, firing squads for US executions
- Disney to lay off 4,000 more employees amid pandemic