BATON ROUGE, La.(WDSU) —The legislation came after a WDSU investigation when 9-year-old Ka’Mauri Harrison was suspended from a Jefferson Parish school after a BB gun was seen in his room during virtual learning.
School districts now have to review and write policies specifically for online learning. The bill was the first piece of legislation addressing virtual learning policies in the state.
- LSU’s Game One starting pitcher: “I know I can for my team & the fans”
- NATIONAL CHAMPS! LSU Men’s T&F Wins NCAA Title
- Alton Sterling’s aunt speaks after family accepts $4.5 million settlement to rest civil lawsuit
- CDC investigating heart inflammation following COVID-19 vaccine
- Shreveport couple jailed after drugs allegedly found in home with 4 children