HEBER CITY, UTAH (KUTV/CNN) — A Utah man claims he has a 20-year-old McDonald’s hamburger.
David Whipple says he bought a burger at a McDonald’s in Logan on July 7, 1999 — he even hung on to the receipt.
He says he initially purchased the burger for a presentation he made about enzymes and deteroriartion.
But the burger ended up in the pocket of a coat that was forgotten about for years.
Whipple decided to check in on the burger this week — and found it much the same.
“There it is. My gosh. It hasn’t changed,” Whipple said while showing off the burger to TV cameras. “The pickles, the only thing that’s disintegrated.”
Whipple isn’t the only person who claims to have a McDonald’s burger that lasted at least two decades.
In 2015, two Australian men displayed a burger they claimed to have purchased from McDonald’s in 1995.
- 7 a.m. Traffic Update – January 27 – I-10 East past LA (Lobdell) is not open, expect delays
- Youth Challenge Program accepting applications for next recruitment class
- ‘Number 24 will never again be worn by a Dallas Maverick,’ owner Mark Cuban says after Kobe Bryant’s death
- WATCH: Alicia Keys honors Louisiana native Mickey Smith Jr. with Music Educator Award at Grammys
- Iota Police respond to new threats at schools