TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — A group has met and surpassed their goal to bring the “Baby Trump” balloon that lampoons the president to Tuscaloosa for the Alabama-LSU game this Saturday.
The goal to bring the float costs $4,000 and includes transportation, set up, anchors and staffing. As of 3 p.m. Thursday, the group raised over $6,500.
The balloon is currently in New Jersey and is set to be shipped sometime Friday, according to the group. No word yet on when or where the balloon will be inflated in Tuscaloosa.
The game is set to kick off at 2:30 p.m. right here on CBS 42.
- Despite challenges from COVID-19, Mighty Moms passes out free Thanksgiving meals for 10th straight year
- Cowboys Strength Coach passes at 54
- LHSAA memo reveals fine, penalty for failure to adhere to COVID-19 mitigation measures
- Livingston Parish schools to remain in Phase Three for rest of semester, superintendent announces
- NOPD investigating stabbing and shooting at same location, on Thanksgiving morning