Guests forced from local hotel during early morning fire, no injuries reported

News

St. George Fire Department

BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The St. George Fire Department was called to a reported fire at the Marriott Residence Inn a little after 4:15 a.m. on Monday, October 11.

Firefighters arrived in five minutes and found “dense smoke on the second floor.”

Around 100 hotel guests were forced to leave the hotel because of the fire.

Firefighters were able to get the fire under control in 20 minutes.

According to the St. George Fire Department, “The fire was contained by the sprinklers to the second floor hallway.”

There were no reported injuries due to this fire.

SGFD says, “Several rooms suffered smoke and water damage.”

Guests staying on the first and third floors were allowed back into the hotel.

The hotel guests from the second floor remain out of the hotel while a fire investigator surveys the scene.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories