BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — A man driving a Harley Davidson Motorcycle died Sunday night after being ejected from the bike while driving on Jefferson Highway in Baton Rouge.
The driver was 53-year-old Thomas Matherne of Woodbine Street.
Matherne was driving westbound in the outside travel lane in the 11800 block of the highway around 11:30 p.m. Investigators believe he failed to navigate a curve and was subsequently ejected from the motorcycle, according to BRPD spokesperson Sgt. Don Coppola Jr.
Matherne was dead at the scene.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing, according to Coppola.
- Thigpen Named LSU Associate AD of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Passerby discovers ‘starved puppies’ outside abandoned house in Louisiana
- ‘AGT’ set to return with Simon Cowell, last call for virtual auditions
- EBR Superintendent Suspends Assessment Requirement for Magnet Schools
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s who would get $1,400 under the House relief plan