BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- As Hurricane Laura victims in Lake Charles suffer from the impact, The Healing Church decided it’s their time to do their part.
The Healing Church partnered with The Cajun Navy to hold a donation drop off site for residents in Lake Charles.
“Baton Rouge is a great community. So we knew they would want to respond, this is a great way to show God’s love in a practical way,” Assistant Pastor, Johnny Green said.
- Bottled water
- Granola bars
- Juice boxes
- Canned food
- Personal hygiene products
- Pet food
- Face mask
The drop off will be set up at the Highland Campus, 19202 Highland Road and the Denham Springs campus, 569 Florida Avenue SW. Donations will be accepted from Saturday, August 29 & Monday-Friday, August 31-September 4 from 9a.m.-3p.m.
“It’s great to meet needs and be apart of helping people,” Green said.
After a trucks worth of donations are collected, The Cajun Navy distrubutes the items to those in need in Lake Charles.
The Healing Church is also working with churches in Lake Charles to provide further assistance.
- Nursing home residents prepare for 2020 Thanksgiving visits
- Caretakers return from remote Hawaiian islands to changed world amid pandemic
- Border Democrats vow to hold Biden accountable on his pledge to not build ‘another foot of wall’
- BRAC releases COVID-19 economic impact indicator dashboard for capital area
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different