NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A 58-year-old woman’s death in central Louisiana is the 27th attributed by the state to Hurricane Laura.
The state health department said Wednesday that the woman was in a trailer home without electricity or air conditioning. The department’s news release says the parish coroner confirmed the death was storm-related.
Laura came ashore as a Category 4 storm in southwest Louisiana near the Texas state line on Aug. 27 and maintained hurricane strength even as it moved far inland.
The storm caused power outages through much of southwest, central and north Louisiana.
Five deaths in Texas are also blamed on Laura.
- BBB warns public about package delivery notice scam
- District 10 Candidate: Jay Gaudet
- Changes being made to how blood is collected and distrusted amid Covid-19
- How to get a $10 credit to spend on any purchase during Amazon Prime Day
- U.S. Senate Candidate: Beryl Billiot