WARWICK TOWNSHIP, Pa. (WHTM) — A Pennsylvania fire company has released a helmet-cam video of a firefighter rescuing a dog in a Lancaster County barn fire on Saturday.
Ryan Balmer was the firefighter who made the dramatic rescue in Warwick Township..
“Somebody told me a dog was in there,” Balmer recalled.
Balmer’s helmet camera captured the dramatic rescue. The video, which is a little longer than one minute in length, is posted to the Lititz Fire Department’s Facebook page.
In the video you hear the dog frantically barking while Balmer is starting to make the rescue.
“Once we found the conditions that we did in that room, obviously the dog was still alive so I had to get him out,” Balmer said.
Blamer was able to break a window and climb through to save the dog.
The dog was not injured and is doing well.
- Woman arrested in connection to 15-year-old Quawan Charles’ death could be released from jail this week
- Rapper wanted by U.S. Marshal detained in St. Martin Parish
- Coach O says LSU NEEDS this Spring Game
- Department of Education questions on COVID relief fund allocation
- Tuesday Night: Multiple rounds of heavy rain; Flash Flood Watch until Thursday