Gonzales homeowners wake up to smelly situation in their front yard

News

So how would you like to start your Wednesday like this?

Pictures courtesy of Tara Taillon

A homeowner in Gonzales named Tara Taillon lives in the Pelican Crossing Subdivision.

Photo courtesy of Michael Johnson

Taillon posted this message on her Facebook page on Wednesday morning:

Just acquired a landfill in front of our house, thanks Waste Pro. Looks like you hit the wrong button on your truck. My poor little VTS can sitting by the road.

Cleanup is currently taking place and Ron Pecore with Waste Pro says someone threw away something that was either very hot or on fire which then requires them to have to dump the whole load.

Officials confirm that this morning’s “dump” was caused by hot charcoal ashes that started to catch the load.

According to Pecore, this is an increasing issue throughout the country with people throwing things away that are extremely flammable.

Pecore says he is seeing this happen more and more because people are uneducated about the issue. 

Many of the trucks that Waste Pro uses are powered with compressed natural gas so throwing away something that is hot or on fire can be extremely dangerous. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories