BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – A popular parade is returning on Saturday morning in Baton Rouge.
The 8th Annual Broadmoor Christmas Parade starts at 11 a.m.
A total of 850 people are expected to take part in the parade including those listed below:
- 225 Sweets, LLC.
- Acacia Shriners – AAONMS
- Arlington Preparatory Academy Cheer Squad
- Banner – Leads The Parade Banner
- Beat The Streets Drum & Bugle Corp
- Beign-Yays! -DANCE
- Blaze Bombshells – DANCE
- Bloco Jacar’e
- Broadmoor Baptist
- Broadmoor HS – Band & Dance Team
- Broadmoor HS – Cheerleaders & Softball
- Broadmoor HS – JROTC Battalion
- Broadmoor HS – JROTC Color Guard
- Broadmoor HS – JROTC Staff
- Broadmoor United Methodist Church
- Cleve Dunn – Elected Official – District 6 Councilman
- Dance – Chosen Academy of Dance
- Dangerous Diamond Dolls – DANCE
- Fire truck – BRFD
- Flamingeauxs – DANCE
- “Food – Donations truck
- (Fred Lehman, – Fix It Fred)”
- Food – Shopping Baskets for Food donations
- Hardy Family Skeleton Krew
- Idea Public Schools
- Keep Tiger Town Beautiful
- Krewe de Patwa’
- LaSalle Elementary Cheer Team
- Meadowood Neighbors
- Oscar Mayer Wienermobile
- Park Forest Middle School
- Red Stick Roller Derby Juniors
- Rooterman Plumbing
- Santa Claus – Randall Barksdale & a city Fire Truck
- Santa’s Helpers – Seller’s Group (Alicia Sellers)
- Second2none Janitorial LLC
- Squeaky Clean Cans
- The Bridge Agency, Inc
- Thrive Church
- US Marine Corps
- Winter Dance Company – DANCE
Yes, you read that correctly, the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile is also coming back to Baton Rouge.
The famous vehicle made a stop in the area back in 2018.
The parade rote spans almost two miles.
According to organizers, “The parade route start at Broadmoor High School. Go on Goodwood east to Woodhaven. Turn north on Woodhaven. Travel to S. River Oaks Dr. Then travel west to Cora Dr. Go south on Cora Dr. to Goodwood Blvd, then return to the high school.”
A map of the parade route is provided below.
If you have questions about where to park tomorrow, check out this guide below:
Parade organizers are asking everyone to bring a non-perishable food item to donate.
The donated items will be taken to the food pantry on Sharp Rd.