LINCOLN PARISH, La. — Human skeletal remains were found today in Lincoln Parish and deputies believe they may be of a man who was first reported missing early this year.
According to the Lincoln Parish Sheriff’s Department, the remains were discovered near Cook Road, which is east of Ruston. Detectives met with a K-9 team that specializes in Human Remains Detection.
A thorough search of the wooded area was conducted. Evidence recovered at the scene leads deputies to believe the remains belong to Jeff Norsworthy, who was reported missing in May of 2019.
Representatives from LSU Forensic Anthropology and Computer Enhancement Services (FACES) were contacted and responded to assist with the investigation. The remains will be taken to FACES Lab for DNA analysis.
We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available.
- Chiefs fan draws inspiration from Toy Story movies for new ‘Andy’ Reid tattoo
- 49ers CEO to bring entire organization — including interns — to Super Bowl
- StubHub sells more Super Bowl Tickets to Missouri, Kansas fans than California
- 49ers attend annual House of Prime Rib linemen’s dinner in San Francisco
- Life-saving vests to be delivered to SPD K9s at Run Like An Animal 5K