VALLEY, Ala. (WIAT) — A death investigation is underway in Chambers County after a hunter found a woman’s body on Sunday morning near a trail.
Around 8:40 a.m. Valley Police officers were dispatched to a wooded area near the 200 block of Cleveland Road. A hunter told them he’d noticed a woman’s body lying off a nearby trail.
According to police, there were no visible signs of foul play, but investigators and a coroner are conducting a death investigation. The cause of death is pending an autopsy.
The deceased woman’s relative identified her body at the location where she was discovered. Her name will not be released until other family members have been notified.
No further information is available as of Sunday evening.
- New COVID variant in California tied to multiple outbreaks
- BRPD identifies deadly shooting victim as 13-year-old boy
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief
- Lafayette man may soon join the almost two thousand registered sex offenders in Acadiana
- Super Bowl Experience construction ramps up along Tampa Riverwalk