BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness has begun their hurricane preparations as we enter the heart of hurricane season.
GOHSEP recommends to create a three day supply kit with items including water, face coverings, blankets and more.
To help provide the public with preparedness information, GOHSEP has dedicated a part of their website to an emergency plan.
The Governor’s office will share updates about potential severe weather and COVID-19 through its texting system.
You can access this information by texting LAGOV to 67283, according to GOHSEP.
Tropical Depression 14 and Tropical Storm Laura could impact the state from the week of August 24 till August 27.
The latest on the two storms potentially heading to the Gulf can be found here.
- LSU Gymnastics moves to All-SEC schedule for 2021
- Mother hoping to make a C.H.A.N.G.E. as Baton Rouge violent crime rate increases
- Target Black Friday deals: Final week of discounts released
- Tigers add home basketball game vs Southeastern
- NFL Speed Round: Takeaways from Taysom Hill’s start, NFC East race