AYNOR, SC (WBTW) – A wife’s request to stop and use the bathroom led to her husband winning $500,000.
While waiting at the Aynor Food Mart in Aynor, the husband filled up the car and noticed someone scratching a lottery ticket at the gas pumps. He told his wife he was going to run inside the store and get the same ticket.
“I said ‘No’ at first,” the wife said. But her husband insisted.
He returned with a couple of $500,000 Jackpot tickets and began jumping up and down screaming, “$500,000! $500,000!”
The wife watched as her husband’s shaky hand signed his name to the back of the half-a-million-dollar winning ticket.
The couple said they are planning more road trips.
The winner overcame odds of 1 in 660,000 to win one of two top prizes of $500,000 in the ($10) $500,000 Jackpot game.
Aynor Food Mart in Aynor received a commission of $5,000 for selling the claimed ticket.
- Judge orders Arizona man who wore horns in Capitol riot to stay in jail
- Opelousas High teacher faces simple battery charge after allegedly assaulting student who wore ‘Black Lives Matter’ sweatshirt
- 7-year-old girl who sold lemonade to pay for brain surgery recovering after procedure
- Over 9,000 victims remembered as Louisiana approaches one-year anniversary of first positive COVID case
- Biden’s dogs sent home after ‘biting’ incident: report