SPARTA, Ill. (CNN) — Four months…41 rolls of duct tape… and one COVID-themed prom dress. Eighteen-year-old Peyton Manker from Illinois made a prom dress entirely out of duct tape for a scholarship contest.
Unfortunately, her prom was canceled because of the COVID-19 outbreak, but Manker used that as her inspiration. Manker even made accessories, like an anklet saying, “This too shall pass” and a “Flatten the curve” face mask.
Here is a link to the scholarship contest. You can also view other submissions.
- Gov. Edwards Requests $175 million dollars for those affected by the pandemic and more
- First man cured of HIV infection now has terminal cancer
- Watch: Mechanics rescue kitten stuck in dashboard of car
- Mayor-President Broome “pleased” with Baton Rouge efforts to ease COVID-19 spread
- Video released of alleged kidnapping attempt in Costco parking lot