PIEDMONT, Ala. (WIAT) — Piedmont Police Department found an inmate unresponsive in his cell Sunday morning, the chief reported.
Around 11:05 a.m., police officers found a 30-year-old inmate unresponsive in his cell, Piedmont PD reports. Officers immediately began CPR and notified Piedmont Rescue Squad. Once Piedmont Rescue Squad arrived, it was determined that the inmate was dead.
At this time the inmates name is being withheld.
Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office and the Calhoun County Coroner’s Officer are investigating the death.
- Health care workers go on strike, demand protection against virus
- Family on way to Christmas Tree Lane struck by train, child killed
- Hospitals dealing with nationwide shortage of nurses
- President Trump vows defense bill veto unless internet liability shield scrapped
- Police investigating after body of Instagram influencer found on side of road