Juvenile receives ‘shock’ as house burns on Brownlee St.

News
BRFD_1547160863418.JPG

BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Baton Rouge Fire Department was called to the scene of a house fire at 7:10 p.m. on September 26.

Firefighters arrived at 2471 Brownlee St. and found “two rooms of the house in a blaze.”

One juvenile sustained a “shock from the electrical outlet.”

According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, “the family reported that the juvenile was plugging something into the wall when the outlet ‘flashed.'”

Seven total units, four pumpers and one ladder were used to help extinguish the fire.

It took firefighters one hour and 35 minutes to put the fire out.

BRFD says, “they were able to contain the fire before it could spread any further.”

The home sustained $50,000 in damages.

According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, “the rest of the home received heavy smoke damage.”

Fire investigators concluded that an electrical malfunction was the cause of the fire.

BRPD, EMS, Entergy and the Red Cross assisted the Baton Rouge Fire Department at the scene.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories