BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- As Louisiana prepares to enter Phase 3 of reopening, the states superintendent, Dr. Cade Brumley, explained what happens next for schools.
WHAT PHASE 3 WILL ALLOW FOR SCHOOLS:
- Phase 3 will allow group sizes to go from 25 to 50
- School buses can now allow 75 percent capacity
- Band, vocal and music activities can resume indoors or outdoors
“I know our educators look forward to welcoming students back, but they also know this transition has to be done in a way that is mindful and maintains the progress Louisiana has made in pushing back this virus, ” Dr.Cade said.
The Louisiana Department of Education school reopening guidelines can be found here.
- VIDEO: EBRSO searching for burglars who stole gun from parked vehicle in Oak Meadow neighborhood
- Special Olympics events canceled, so a Birmingham 6th grader organizes her own
- FBI: Man paid hitman in Bitcoin to kill his wife
- HERO: Student steps up to save classmate’s life
- Friday Night: Comfortable tonight; Sunny & seasonable for Mother’s Day weekend