Lake Charles Mayor Nic Hunter says there’s one message for people in the state’s 5th most populus city ahead of hurricane Laura’s landfall: “Get out of Lake Charles. Get out of Calcasieu Parish.”
A mandatory evacuation is underway in Calcasieu Parish, which includes Lake Charles, Westlake, Sulphur, Vinton, Iowa and Moss Bluff.
Mayor Hunter spoke more on the parish’s evacuation order, live on NBC Local33 Today.
For more information on storm prep resources in Calcasieu Parish, click here.
- Teacher charged with drug possession, cocaine found in desk
- American honey may contain traces of nuclear fallout from 50s and 60s: study
- Funeral arrangements set for Seacor Power victim Ernest Williams, Jr.
- ‘Vampire Facials’ spa owner linked to HIV cases faces 24 charges
- From Houma to Hollywood: movie producer takes Louisiana to the Oscars