Late night fire caused by pot left on the stove

News

According to BRFD, a fire that occurred at 2937 Pluskat in Baton Rouge on Monday night was caused by a pot left on the stove.

Firefighters arrived on the scene around 11 p.m. to find the kitchen area of home in flames. The fire was under control by about 11:40 p.m. According to the BRFD, the house received heavy fire and smoke damage.

EMS was on the scene but there were no injuries or fatalities reported in relation to the fire. The Red Cross was called to the scene to assist the family that lived in the home.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories