BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The East Side Fire Department was at the scene of a gas leak on Monday morning.

According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, “There was a ruptured gas line in the 1200 block of Marc Antony Dr.”

A lawn mower caused this gas leak.

BRFD said that the lawn mower hit a “line that was sticking up by a bridge.”

Baton Rouge Fire Department HazMat was called to the scene along with Entergy.

According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, “Entergy put in a by-pass to stop the leak.”

BRFD says that as of 11:30 a.m., the road is back open and the leak has been stopped.

No one was hurt due to this gas leak and there was never any danger to the public.