BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – “The greatest risk for nursing homes is COVID-19 spreading within facilities and among vulnerable residents,” according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The most recent statistics from August 26 show the amount of cases and deaths within long-term care facilities in Louisiana:
- 1170 COVID cases have been reported among residents of other adult residential facilities
- 139 COVID deaths have been reported among residents of other adult residential facilities
- 177 other adult residential facilities have reported at least one COVID case (among residents or staff)
If you would like to see a more detailed breakdown of the COVID-19 cases and deaths in nursing homes, visit here.
The Louisiana Department of Health is also providing a breakdown of COVID-19 deaths and cases in nursing homes by race below:
The next update on COVID-19 nursing home numbers will come on Wednesday, September 2.
- Former James Bond actor Sean Connery dies at age 90
- Democrats cancel Central Texas event after Trump supporters surround, follow Biden bus on I-35
- FBI looking for possible victims of killer who traveled across America
- Zeta’s toll on a Louisiana island: ‘Like a bomb was dropped’
- Use of slurs not ‘isolated’ at Louisiana State Police