BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There are now 143,566 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 4,623 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
That is an increase of 18 deaths in the state since Sunday, August 23.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 87
East Baton Rouge – 403
Livingston – 62
Pointe Coupee – 36
Tangipahoa – 88
West Baton Rouge – 38
West Feliciana – 19
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that 941 people are currently hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 152 of those patients are on ventilators.
There have been a total of 1,772,481 state and commercial lab tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, August 17, 118,120 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health has provided additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- One of last living Tuskegee Airmen celebrates 102nd birthday
- Mariachi group highlights importance of Hispanic Heritage Month
- Giant rat wins animal hero award for sniffing out landmines
- WARNING: Woman says toad killed her dog
- Mom’s remains disappear after being mailed to wrong address