BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There are now 144,960 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 4,688 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
That is an increase of 32 deaths in the state since Tuesday, August 25.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 90
East Baton Rouge – 404
Livingston – 64
Pointe Coupee – 37
Tangipahoa – 90
West Baton Rouge – 38
West Feliciana – 20
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that 914 people are currently hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 148 of those patients are on ventilators.
There have been a total of 1,808,167 state and commercial lab tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, August 14, 127,918 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health has provided additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- LIVE Friday Update: New video of conditions when Seacor Vessel capsized on Tuesday.
- BRFD responds to accidental fire started by repairman
- Families hope loved ones can be found alive in capsized boat
- Head of Tokyo Olympics again says games will not be canceled
- Louisiana lawmakers weigh medical marijuana expansion, tax