BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There are now 145,637 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 4,711 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
That is an increase of 23 deaths in the state since Wednesday, August 26.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 90
East Baton Rouge – 405
Livingston – 64
Pointe Coupee – 37
Tangipahoa – 91
West Baton Rouge – 38
West Feliciana – 20
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that 876 people are currently hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 145 of those patients are on ventilators.
There have been a total of 1,818,203 state and commercial lab tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, August 14, 127,918 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health has provided additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- Nonpartisan group breaks down proposed amendments to Louisiana Constitution
- Ka’Mauri Harrison Act moves to Louisiana Senate floor
- Walmart’s ad scans released ahead of Black Friday events
- Saints have a “productive” meeting with Mayor Cantrell about fans returning to the Superdome
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma