BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There are now 146,243 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 4,741 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
That is an increase of 30 deaths in the state since Thursday, August 27.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 92
East Baton Rouge – 407
Livingston – 64
Pointe Coupee – 37
Tangipahoa – 94
West Baton Rouge – 39
West Feliciana – 20
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that 900 people are currently hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 141 of those patients are on ventilators.
There have been a total of 1,828,478 state and commercial lab tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, August 24, 127,918 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health has provided additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- Ponchatoula tops St. Amant, 24-14
- U-High Cubs knock Evangel Christian out of the playoffs
- USS Kidd partners with apparel line showcasing the accomplishments of Black Americans in the U.S. Military
- New rule could allow gas, firing squads for US executions
- Disney to lay off 4,000 more employees amid pandemic