BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There are now 148,193 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 4,787 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
That is an increase of 19 deaths in the state since Sunday, August 30.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 92
East Baton Rouge – 410
Livingston – 66
Pointe Coupee – 37
Tangipahoa – 98
West Baton Rouge – 39
West Feliciana – 20
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that 881 people are currently hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 132 of those patients are on ventilators.
There have been a total of 1,872,789 state and commercial lab tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, August 24, 127,918 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health has provided additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- Baton Rouge Police Department searching for suspect accused of killing ex girlfriend
- Louisiana man facing two sex offense charges involving teenage girl posts bail, leaves jail
- Restaurant owners adjust to phase 3
- City of Baker to offer free COVID-19 testing in church parking lot Sept. 25
- City of New Roads to host 11th Annual Spring Street Car Show