BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There are now 151,473 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 4,872 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
That is an increase of 14 deaths in the state since Thursday, September 3.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 92
East Baton Rouge – 420
Livingston – 66
Pointe Coupee – 38
Tangipahoa – 104
West Baton Rouge – 39
West Feliciana – 21
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that 808 people are currently hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 96 of those patients are on ventilators.
There have been a total of 1,931,748 state and commercial lab tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, August 31, 134,432 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health has provided additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- YLEH: Adrian Perkins talks Senate campaign
- LSU football fan attacked in Tiger Stadium restroom after game
- YLEH: Sen. Bill Cassidy discusses reelection bid
- Preview of constitutional amendments #3 & #4 on Louisiana ballot
- Spanish town krewe planning to roll forward with parade, ball in 2021