BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There are now 154,955 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 4,970 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
That is an increase of 15 deaths in the state since Tuesday, September 8.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 93
East Baton Rouge – 427
Livingston – 69
Pointe Coupee – 38
Tangipahoa – 107
West Baton Rouge – 40
West Feliciana – 22
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that 782 people are currently hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 123 of those patients are on ventilators.
There have been a total of 1,999,027 state and commercial lab tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, September 7, 140,440 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health has provided additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- LSU clinches series with Friday night win at Auburn
- Louisiana House committee advances bill prohibiting employers from discriminating against natural hairstyles
- Bill allowing parents to request cameras in special education classrooms heads to State Senate
- Louisiana troopers knew baby was in fleeing suspect’s car before both were killed in Mississippi
- Food distribution and COVID-19 vaccines sites available in BR on Saturday