BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There are now 158,318 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 5,108 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
That is an increase of 26 deaths in the state since Monday, September 14.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 96
East Baton Rouge – 433
Livingston – 71
Pointe Coupee – 40
Tangipahoa – 111
West Baton Rouge – 41
West Feliciana – 24
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that 667 people are currently hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 99 of those patients are on ventilators.
There have been a total of 2,091,023 state and commercial lab tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, September 7, 140,440 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health has provided additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- Stimulus check update: GOP, Democrats inching closer to aid compromise
- Lawmaker: Trump must answer for 200k+ lives lost to COVID-19 in first presidential debate
- From the pandemic to drainage, Mayor-President candidates square off during forum
- How TSA agents are adapting amid a pandemic
- Members of Congress look forward to first presidential debate