BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There are now 163,928 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 5,262 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
That is an increase of 21 deaths in the state since Thursday, September 24.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 97
East Baton Rouge – 441
Livingston – 74
Pointe Coupee – 40
Tangipahoa – 118
West Baton Rouge – 41
West Feliciana – 25
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that 570 people are currently hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 86 of those patients are on ventilators.
There have been a total of 2,254,841 confirmatory tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, September 21, 149,640 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- Seven constitutional amendments on the ballot in Louisiana this year.
- Saturday Night: Quiet end to the weekend; All eyes on Tropical Depression 28 in the Caribbean
- GALLERY: LSU runs away from South Carolina
- Car accident kills Geismar woman
- AMBER Alert issued for two girls abducted, after two boys were found dead