BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There are now 165,624 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 5,308 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
That is an increase of 10 deaths in the state since Monday, September 28.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 98
East Baton Rouge – 441
Livingston – 76
Pointe Coupee – 40
Tangipahoa – 119
West Baton Rouge – 41
West Feliciana – 25
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that 578 people are currently hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 80 of those patients are on ventilators.
There have been a total of 2,306,533 confirmatory tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, September 21, 149,640 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- Las Vegas Raiders receive backlash for tweet on Chauvin verdict
- 1 dead in officer-involved shooting in Ohio; Mayor identifies victim as young woman
- Kristin Smart’s body was once buried in yard of home owned by suspect’s dad: Court docs
- Crowley Police say stepfather of 15-year-old girl arrested on rape charges
- Celebrations among protesters after Chauvin found guilty in death of George Floyd