BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There are now 172,801 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 5,486 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
That is an increase of 10 deaths in the state since Monday, October 12.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 98
East Baton Rouge – 451
Livingston – 76
Pointe Coupee – 40
Tangipahoa – 122
West Baton Rouge – 42
West Feliciana – 25
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that 573 people are currently hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 68 of those patients are on ventilators.
There have been a total of 2,510,319 confirmatory tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, October 5, 157,873 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- Lawmakers worried removing troops from Afghanistan will create space for terror groups
- House committee investigates opioid abuse spike during pandemic
- Weinstein accuser breaks silence to push for consent law as former producer seeks new trial
- Some restaurant owners in Louisiana struggle to find employees willing to work
- Progressives in Louisiana’s Legislature break down their stances on criminal justice reform, minimum wage increase