BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There are now 174,638 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 5,527 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
That is an increase of 20 deaths in the state since Thursday, October 15.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 98
East Baton Rouge – 452
Livingston – 79
Pointe Coupee – 40
Tangipahoa – 122
West Baton Rouge – 42
West Feliciana – 25
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that people are currently 557 hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 60 of those patients are on ventilators.
There have been a total of 2,562,564 confirmatory tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, October 12, 161,792 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- WATCH: Governor Edwards holds presser on Zeta recovery efforts
- Hurricanes or Patriots, you can decide on Prairieville High School mascot and colors
- Second stimulus checks: How negotiations went from optimistic to ugly
- Newsfeed Now: Biden returns to Iowa; Trump plays defense in Mich., Wis.
- Beloved doctor dies after giving birth, spotlighting risks of pregnancy conditions