BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There are now 175,982 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 5,566 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
That is an increase of 16 deaths in the state since Sunday, October 18.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 98
East Baton Rouge – 456
Livingston – 79
Pointe Coupee – 40
Tangipahoa – 122
West Baton Rouge – 42
West Feliciana – 25
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that 553 people are currently hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 64 of those patients are on ventilators.
There have been a total of 2,594,376 confirmatory tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, October 12, 161,792 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- ‘That’s all I have’: Mom pleads for return of infant daughter’s stolen ashes
- Coronavirus pandemic blamed for rise in violent crimes across the U.S.
- WATCH: Savannah-Safe Jazz Festival finale
- Savannah-Safe Jazz Festival: 6 performances for Spicy Jazz Saturday
- Savannah-Safe Jazz Festival live performances kick off with Blues Night