BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There are now 176,681 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 5,572 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
That is an increase of 6 deaths in the state since Monday, October 19.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 98
East Baton Rouge – 456
Livingston – 79
Pointe Coupee – 40
Tangipahoa – 122
West Baton Rouge – 42
West Feliciana – 25
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that 586 people are currently hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 62 of those patients are on ventilators.
There have been a total of 2,613,369 confirmatory tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, October 12, 161,792 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- LPSO investigating rash of nighttime burglaries at Le Triomphe
- Baylor added to 2021 LSU Baseball Schedule
- Friday Night: Cloudy and foggy tonight; Slightly drier for weekend
- More than 150 National Guard in Washington for inauguration test positive for coronavirus
- Biden’s historic Cabinet begins taking shape