BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There are now 177,399 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 5,584 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
That is an increase of 12 deaths in the state since Tuesday, October 20.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 98
East Baton Rouge – 456
Livingston – 79
Pointe Coupee – 40
Tangipahoa – 122
West Baton Rouge – 42
West Feliciana – 25
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that 608 people are currently hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 68 of those patients are on ventilators.
There have been a total of 2,627,671 confirmatory tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, October 19, 165,282 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- Gun-toting congresswoman-elect may carry Glock at Capitol
- As you look for this season’s hottest toys, beware of scams
- New details about Joe Burrow’s injury reveal “more damage than anticipated”
- Louisiana superintendents ask for looser quarantine rules
- LDH reports first COVID-19 death in WBR in nearly two months