BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There are now 178,171 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 5,593 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
That is an increase of 9 deaths in the state since Wednesday, October 21.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 98
East Baton Rouge – 456
Livingston – 79
Pointe Coupee – 40
Tangipahoa – 122
West Baton Rouge – 42
West Feliciana – 25
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that 598 people are currently hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 64 of those patients are on ventilators.
There have been a total of 2,647,427 confirmatory tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, October 19, 165,282 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- EBR Parish School Board approves Juneteenth recognition across school system
- Ascension Parish council approves of nine month development moratorium
- LSU’s Curry qualifies for the Tokyo Olympics
- I-10 E & I-10 W near the Texas state line may be temporarily closed Friday due to power line repairs
- JuVaughn & Georgia: A mother-son bond leads to a record-setting career