BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There has been an increase of 53 deaths in the state since Monday, Jan. 11.
There are 4,673 new coronavirus cases in the state, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 7,971 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
There are now 315,582 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
There are now 2,035 COVID-19 patients in hospitals.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 124
East Baton Rouge – 618
Livingston – 136
Pointe Coupee – 59
Tangipahoa – 198
West Baton Rouge – 50
West Feliciana – 26
There have been a total of 4,731,297 total tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of January 4, 280,373 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- Tigers Sweep Events in Win Over Georgia
- 1 killed after Las Vegas-based bus rolls over near Grand Canyon, 44 transported to medical center
- LPSO investigating rash of nighttime burglaries at Le Triomphe
- Baylor added to 2021 LSU Baseball Schedule
- Friday Night: Cloudy and foggy tonight; Slightly drier for weekend